Home > TOEFL IBT Speaking > Which do you prefer: staying in one place or moving in search of another place?

Which do you prefer: staying in one place or moving in search of another place?

April 29th, 2010

Some people spend their entire lives in one place.  Others move a number of times throughout their lives, looking for a better job, house, community, or even climate.  Which do you prefer: staying in one place or moving in search of another place?  Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

Categories: TOEFL IBT Speaking
  1. andy tuyet voi :X
    May 5th, 2010 at 23:41 | #1

I like my home , coz I grew up in this house , but If I have a change to move to another place , I will be happy :D. Actually , sometimes I feel completely exhausted when I live 20 years in this street and I really want to feel something new . Some friends of mine moved to the other places and I feel so lonely ... Living with old memories in childhood and everything changed, I just want to move to a different place ...

2. Quynh Thu
    May 4th, 2010 at 06:22 | #2

3. Thao
    May 2nd, 2010 at 02:36 | #3

In my opinion, I prefer to stay in one place because I do not like changes. If we have to move to new places, it means that we have to begin everything from the 0 point, such as finding new jobs, new places to live, getting new friends and so on, it will take a lot of time and money to solve these problems. Instead of spending time to do these things, I can take care my family more careful, improve my job, exct. Beside, if I want to visit other places or enjoy better climate, they can be done in vacations without changing house. That why I prefer to live in one place.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 4 Thumb down 0

4. Hoa
    May 1st, 2010 at 09:32 | #4

a

5. Hoa
    May 1st, 2010 at 09:29 | #5

well, of the two choices, I prefer the first one becaues of the following reasons. Firstly, living in one place means that I am familiar with everyting from people, the atmosphere, the setting... and I do not have to be worried about security because I can trust my neighbors. Secondly, each time I move to a new place, it always makes it difficult for me to get settled. So those are the reasons why I like staying in one place.

6. mai