Home > Question 1 & 2, TOEFL IBT Speaking > Is it better to enjoy your money when you earn it or is it better to save your money for some time in the future?

April 14th, 2010

Is it better to enjoy your money when you earn it or is it better to save your money for some time in the future?  Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

1. Nhat Linh
    May 9th, 2010 at 10:23 | #1

I think earning money is as difficult as saving money.If you can earn $ 10 per day, you should save at least $ 3 . You don't know how your life is in future, so you should save money now in case you meet difficulty in your future's life

2. andy tuyet voi :X
    May 5th, 2010 at 23:32 | #2

in my opinion , both of saving or spending ur money is up to ur current condition . If u earn alot of money per month u can buy anything u want , that's ok . But if ur earning is not good , u should work out how much u need to save for the necessary cost of living , insurance charge ... of course , u can spend the rest :)

3. May 5th, 2010 at 18:24 | #3
  4. hong.t.nhan
    April 25th, 2010 at 06:57 | #4

I'd rather choose the former option.

5. Tran hop
    April 24th, 2010 at 23:11 | #5

hi everyone,nice to meet you

6. Tran hop
    April 24th, 2010 at 23:00 | #6

HI i want to speak english fluently but, i don't know how learn?.who can i speak english with?

7. Tran hop
    April 24th, 2010 at 22:54 | #7

@maral

8. Bluemoon
    April 23rd, 2010 at 08:37 | #8

In my opinion, it is better to enjoy my money when I earn it, but not all. Firstly, earning money on my own means that I don't have to depend on every one, so I can spend that money as pleasure as I want. Secondly, spending money will force me to earn much more money, because if I want to buy anything I want, I have to have a lot of money. Thirdly, you earn money to spend on your necessity, so there is no reason to not enjoy it. However, you should learn how to save money also. Enjoining it and saving it have to be always in your mind. You should make them be balance.^^.

9. Hạ Nguyên
    April 23rd, 2010 at 03:31 | #9

10. Hạ Nguyên
    April 23rd, 2010 at 03:28 | #10

Sometimes, chances to earn more money come suddenly, in these situations , I think saving money is needed. People should have their own money to prepare for the sudden circumstances. As the Investment theory says that "Investment is the dedication of the current demands for the future better requirements" . Saving money is an activity in which people hope for their future needs which require a larger amount of money and would bring them a more and better satisfaction. Each person needs a budget to manage their spending. In sudden cases like accidents, your Laptop broken down, you need to buy things... without money, you can't manage those stuffs... In addition, I'm not interested in asking for money from parents. It's kind of childish, we're now grown-up, using your own money is better than just begging for money from your parents, it's such a shameful behavior. And for these reasons, I think saving money is better. WE'RE NOT ALL RICH MEN.

1. August 20th, 2010 at 18:25 | #1