Home > Question 1 & 2, TOEFL IBT Speaking > Is it better to enjoy your money when you earn it or is it better to save your money for some time in the future?

April 14th, 2010

Is it better to enjoy your money when you earn it or is it better to save your money for some time in the future?  Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

1. Ilya
    April 21st, 2010 at 12:16 | #1

that's my opinion :)

2. tracy
    April 21st, 2010 at 01:36 | #2

some people prefer saving money they earn after a hard time working. Some others would rather to spend money for thier needs. Personally, i think we should not have a firm thinking to save all the money we spend. This action would tie us in a hard way. In other words, it is better to balance between to things: Spending but know how to economise our own budgets. Saving money is a good behavior but it is not mean that we have no right to spend money. Let enjoy our lives otherwise we would feel regret what we did not get

3. waTAMelon
    April 20th, 2010 at 03:07 | #3

I don’t think saving monney is neccessary because my parents are very rich. If I spend all monney I can earn in one month, and need more my parents will provide monney to my immediately. So that I don’t need saving money. Other people also have parents, they are also rich people, therefore they don’t need to save monney eather.

4. Trung Sơn
    April 20th, 2010 at 02:02 | #4

I don't think saving monney is neccessary because my parents are very rich. If I spend all monney I can earn in one month, and need more my parents will provide monney to my immediately. So that I don't need saving money. Other people also have parents, they are also rich people, therefore they don't need to save monney eather.

5. khuyennguyen
    April 19th, 2010 at 07:34 | #5

everyone have their own plan for the future and that need money to support them such as buying a house or a car, doing some investments, children....And they also need money when something happen unexpected like having an accident or illness. so those are the reason why we have to save money. but that's not mean we save all of the money. if we just work and save, we will fell bored and get stress. so we should entertain our-self to get energy for working.in sum, we have to balance saving money and enjoy money.

6. doan_hoa
    April 18th, 2010 at 07:09 | #6

In my opinion, earning a lot of money is difficult but saving money for future is more difficult. spending helps us retain and enjoy life and saving ensure our future life is more stable. i support the people who save money for future, but it does not mean we should not spend money for present life. conclusion, our life will be successful much if we balance between spending and saving.

7. nhung
    April 18th, 2010 at 04:31 | #7

To myself, i have no favor on two ways of spending money you have earned.I think, i must balance between saving money for the future and enjoy money in present time. when you earn money, you have used your strength. You lose your energy during working. So you need enjoy money you earn. And i think our life is short,the border of death and life, we don't know when we die so we must enjoy our life.But we still plan our lives in long time.We still prepare what will happen in the future.

8. maral
    April 15th, 2010 at 09:28 | #8

9. van khanh
    April 14th, 2010 at 19:11 | #9

In my opinion,I will support the people who earn money and saving for the future.Because with that person,they have their purpose in life and they prepare for it.For example, buy a house ..or simply they want a stable life in the future.Additional,the people who can save money prove the meaning that they can control their life.

10. Agrian
    April 14th, 2010 at 07:51 | #10

I would be on the side of saving money for the future. There are some reasons for it and, I would like to mention two reasons with examples. Naturally, people who save money worry about their future than present life. Some may think of their future payment of house loan. Some other people may think of their retirement life but, all these people save their money for their future happiness. Another reason for the people saving money is that they have more ambitious than non-saving people. However, in our society, people who earn much money do not spend much money in their present life. Because they always seek for their possibility to obtain another chance. For me, with these aspects, the expectation to my future is largely expanding. With these in mind, I strongly support people who save money.

1 2 3 4 1429