Home > Intermediate > Tell us about your country, traditional culture, and food.

Tell us about your country, traditional culture, and food.

May 22nd, 2009

Today’s topic is: Tell us about your country, traditional culture, and food.

Categories: Intermediate
  1. Ugurcan
    March 22nd, 2011 at 07:34 | #1

Hi! everyone My country has a lot of cultur and tradition. For example, I was born in Bursa. The best food of Bursa is Iskender Kebap. All of tourists who come to Bursa like it. Iskender Kebap has meat, bread, yoghurt, and butter. It is delicious. If you come to Bursa in Turkey, I definitely think that you should eat Iskender Kebap. See you...

2. Shoghik
    January 27th, 2011 at 12:11 | #2

My country Armenia has been very traditioanal country, and yet a little.Probably everybody would be heard about Armenian genocide by Turks in 1915, but we stand confirmly and we will always... we have been conquered my many invators but we overcame all obstacles and God lead us...

3. roseni
    December 17th, 2010 at 09:30 | #3

I LIKE ROSES JASMINE DERIYA AND LOTAS

4. meri
    August 21st, 2010 at 09:22 | #4

hi everybody i`m a Tunisian girl. Tunisia is a peaceful and beautiful country everyone who have visited found a soul of pleasure and delight. many places in Tunisia have at the same time beach, desert and oasis especially in the south. Tunisia has a wonderful views and places,and it has a strategic place in the world mop and that is why it has many visitors along the year. the main plat of food in Tunisia is the Couscous,it is so delicious everybody like it. i wish that everyone read my comment will visit Tunisia as soon as possible. thank you

5. Hong Van
    June 8th, 2010 at 23:59 | #5

Please commend on my speaking> I would be very thankful.

6. anh
    May 17th, 2010 at 22:14 | #6

Tết is celebrated on the same day as Chinese New Year though exceptions arise due to the one-hour time difference between Hanoi and Beijing. It takes place from the first day of the first month of the Lunar calendar (around late January or early February) until at least the third day. Many Vietnamese prepare for Tết by cooking special holiday foods and cleaning the house. There are a lot of customs practiced during Tết, like visiting a person's house on the first day of the new year (xông nhà), ancestral worshipping, wishing New Year's greetings, giving lucky money to children and elderly people, and opening a shop. Tết is also an occasion for pilgrims and family reunions. During Tết, Vietnamese visit their relatives and temples, forgetting about the troubles of the past year and hoping for a better upcoming year. They consider Tết to be the first day of spring and the festival is often called Hội xuân (spring festival).

7. Akweiri
    May 4th, 2010 at 14:12 | #7

I am Libyan. I want to improve my speaking please help me

8. baongoc
    May 4th, 2010 at 07:22 | #8

WA

9. baongoc
    May 4th, 2010 at 07:20 | #9

HI

10. Quavinho
    June 3rd, 2009 at 20:40 | #10

Quavinho : Ohh…hi everybody, am Vietnammese too, there are associated by people, culture and nature resource. I am very pround because of I am Vietnammese, living and learning in here. In my opinion, my country’s traditional culture always exist with the time. one of them that I like most is traditional art, concrete the Folk Music, example Ceremonial, we used to call “ca tru”, that is the famous art in my country, now goverment is trying to it become is World immaterial cultural heritage. If you have chance to spend holiday in my country, please don’t skip Ancient capital of Hue to listen although one times.You’ll like it!