Home > Intermediate > Tell us about your country, traditional culture, and food.

Tell us about your country, traditional culture, and food.

May 22nd, 2009

Today’s topic is: Tell us about your country, traditional culture, and food.

Categories: Intermediate
  1. Quavinho
    June 3rd, 2009 at 20:36 | #1

Ohh...hi everybody, am Vietnammese too, there are associated by people, culture and nature resource. I am very pround because of I am Vietnammese, living and learning in here. In my opinion, my country's traditional culture always exist with the time. one of them that I like most is traditional art, concrete the Folk Music, example Ceremonial, we used to call "ca tru", that is the famous art in my country, now goverment is trying to it become is World immaterial cultural heritage. If you have chance to spend holiday in my country, please don't miss Ancient capital of Hue to listen although one times.You'll like it!

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 4 Thumb down 0

2. yen_hunt
    June 3rd, 2009 at 06:27 | #2

Why i cant add audio?

3. yen_hunt
    June 3rd, 2009 at 06:26 | #3

4. yen_hunt
    June 3rd, 2009 at 06:18 | #4

Hello every body, well here is many Vietnamese, it was supprise me alittle bit. But that shows Vietnamese is so smart and they speaking very well. Special things about Vietnam, i am talking about traditional dress, also called is Ao Dai. Vietnam girls look more gentle, more lovely, more cute when they wear Ao Dai. i am sure that ! In the Ha Noi old quarter, we have a lot of silk, Ha Dong silk is famous. Well, please get ur own Ao Dai when u came to Vietnam. One more thing, dont forget about Ha Long bay... its beautiful ! Bye

5. tino
    May 30th, 2009 at 04:01 | #5

I'm from VN. Our country has the S image as you see it on the world map. There' re 3 regions in VN ; the North, the South and the Central. I'm in the South. The south of Vn has 2 seasons : the sunny season 's since Nov. to Apr. and the rainy season 's diring the left. Two of our typical dishes are Spring Rolls- we call " cha gio" in Vietnamese and Noodles - that's "pho". I hope you tried and liked them Thanks for listening

6. May 29th, 2009 at 01:36 | #6

hi,

7. May 27th, 2009 at 02:30 | #7

I'm from Vietnam. The best which I like in our country is fruit and vegetables.They are cheaper than meet. Summer is the season which has the most of fruits: banana, mango, plum, litchi, longan, cucumber, lemon, melon, musk melon, pineapple, grape, durian, peach, pomelo, guava, rambutan, custard apple...Eating them is very delicious. Food in Vietnam is very multiform. I like soft noodles and soup noodles best. These are two especial dishes of vietnamese. We can eat noodles with beef, chicken, duck, snails, grilled meat...Our recipes are very unique. In winter I like eating boiled snail with fishsauce, fig and fried meat roll. It's very tasty.

8. Susan
    May 26th, 2009 at 07:24 | #8

Hi there ! I'm from Vietnam which is located in the Southeast Asia and the tropical climate . That's why Vietnam has been well- known for its abundant sources of fresh vegetables and fruit.Despite of having 54 ethnic groups , all of us stick together very well and always help each other to develop and build a better economy and political regime. I don't know what food in Vietnam is typical most because Vietnam has 3 different regions :North , middle and south , each of them has their own staple and traditional specialty. However , the main ingredient in our diet is rice . We have rice for everyday meals , even from rice Vietnamses people create many various recipes . And another specialty in Vietnam I wanna introduce to you is fishsauce . There are many kinds of famous sauces all over the world like :ketchup , mayonaise but I think fish-sauce is unique 'cause it's made from fresh sea fish and it's flavour is really incredible , especially when you cook fried rice or eat spring roll , it's impossible to be lack of . But pay attention , a majority number of foreigners can't bear its flavor for the first time until they live in Vietnam for a quite long time and become addicted to .Thanks for listening .

9. Anjali
    May 22nd, 2009 at 10:58 | #9

I am from India. In India, spicy pickles are very important item in Indian meal. Pickles enhances the tastes of the meal, and increases the satisfaction after every meal. Pickles are easy to prepare, with right ingredients, and can be preserved for months.

10. Andrey
    May 22nd, 2009 at 10:48 | #10

Pizza: The Soul of Italy There are not too many nations that can say their national dish has become an international phenomenon. Italy has two such dishes, pasta and of course pizza. In Italy pizza falls into two distinct categories: Italian pizza and the rest of the world. It might seem silly considering the basic ingredients, but one taste of a true Italian pizza and that's it. You will never feel the same about this simple and delicious food again.

1 2 3 4 1334