English Listening quizzes, exercises and tests
Listening skill is an important and required skill for every English test. To improve your listening skill, you should practice listening everyday. These listening exercises help you to improve your English listening skills. To do these tests, you must have a speaker or headphone to listen to questions. You can listen as many times as you want until you understand the conversations, talks, reports, and lectures.
Before taking English listening exercises and tests requirements
Before taking a test, make sure that you have a headphone or speaker.
Each listening test has its own instruction. You just follow the instruction of the test to answer questions. Make sure that you answer all questions before going to final page to view your scores. You can also review your test results.
Some tips to improve your listening comprehension test.
1. Listen every day with variety of topics.
2. Listen to what you enjoy much: like TV, music, or movies in English.
3. Learn new words.
4. Take note when listening: new words, new structures.
5. Repeat your audio (listen again and again until you understand).
6. Write down what you've heard (if possible).
7. Listen with the text of the audio file.
8. Speak with native speakers.
Choose a listening skill that you want to practice below:
1. English listening conversation tests
You'll listen to a conversation, then answer the questions
- Conversations - Easy to medium
- Conversations - Hard
- Short Conversation
- Long Conversation
- Reorder Conversation - Easy
2. English Picture description tests
You'll listen to a voice and look at a picture then choose the correct answers to questions
3. Listen and fill the gaps
Listen then choose an appropriate answers to the gaps.
- Listen and fill the blanks
- Filling Gap - Easy
- Listen and Fill in the gap of a sentence - Easy
- Listen and Fill in the gap of a sentence - Medium
- Listen and Fill in the gap of a sentence - Hard
4. Question and Response
Listen to a question then choose a correct answer
5. Short talks and Lectures
Listen to a talk or a lecture then answer the questions
6. Listen and Rearrange sentences
Listen then rearrange sentences in correct order.
- Listen and Rearrange - Easy Level
- Listen and Rearrange - Medium Level
- Listen and Rearrange - Hard Level
7. Other English listening skills
- Listening Tests - True False
- English Pronunciation
- English Stress
- Same Meaning Sentences
- Integrated Listening Skills - Easy Level
- Integrated Listening Skills - Medium Level
- Integrated Listening Skills - Hard Level
- Check your listening level