The share link has been copied to clipboard

Aqueduct In Sentences Example Of Aqueduct In Sentences How To Use Aqueduct In Sentences

visibility 150 views calendar_month Nov 9, 2023
publisher-humix
englishteststore.net
Search your words in sentences https://englishteststore.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=20211&Itemid=1131 - The aqueduct was part of a grand plan which was never completed. - On the mountain south of the city is the Roman Water Temple Djebel Zaghouan, source of an aqueduct which used to take water to the city of Carthage over 100 km away. - The oldest buildings in Santa Venera are Wignacourt Aqueduct and Casa Leoni. - This was the Aqua Alsietina Roman aqueduct, remains of which have been found on the slopes of Janiculum below the monastery of San Cosimato. - In a moment they lost half their height, and bent into arcades, like those of a Roman aqueduct. - The Stakes Aqueduct is the oldest surviving aqueduct of its type that is still in use for its original purpose. - It flows down from higher ground at Arkhanes to the south, where part of it was diverted into the Knossos Aqueduct. - He is depicted showing particular concern for the water supply, building new Roman aqueduct and restoring those that had fallen into disuse. - The Bachelor Duke had an aqueduct built, over which water tumbles on its way to the cascade. - The location chosen for the aqueduct across Welland River was not Port Robinson. - Their impact on the California Aqueduct is both direct and indirect. - Through June and July the Owens Valley fight continued, as did interruptions in the flow from the aqueduct. - When the Erie Canal was widened in 1842 a second larger Crescent aqueduct was built beside the first one. - The aqueduct was never totally efficient, and its waters were impure and in low quantities. - From 1867 to 1871 he was the chief engineer commissioner of the Croton Aqueduct Department in New York. - The Espada Acequia, or Piedras Creek Aqueduct, was built by Franciscan friars in 1731 in what is now San Antonio, Texas, United States. - The Della Gherardesca family built the medieval Castle of Salvaterra, defence walls, a hospital and an aqueduct. - An official commission found the aqueduct conduits decayed, their water depleted by leakage and illegal tapping. - The mills were supplied from an aqueduct, where it plunged down a steep hill. - Among the houses there are three churches and the old aqueduct. - The Aztec ruler Ahuitzotl attempted to build an aqueduct that would take fresh water from the mainland to the lakes surrounding the Tenochtitlan city. - During the climb up to Eagle Mountain, the tracks cross Eagle Mountain Road for a third time and then cross Aqueduct Road. - It was of the utmost defensive importance; because the aqueduct ran underground, it could not easily be found by an enemy, who might otherwise cut off the water supply. - The aqueduct opened to public use with great fanfare on October 14, 1842. - The walls of the aqueduct step downward, suggesting that it slopes downhill. - Over these early years, the city developed its aqueduct and electricity networks. - There are small streams running down from Lake Ilopango, and a few old aqueduct systems, but the municipality itself has no major bodies of water. - There was Maryland Route 190 that connected Georgetown and the Monocacy Aqueduct of the Monocacy River. - The second aqueduct was opened in 1901. - To supply the growing Greater Los Angeles Area, water was diverted from the Owens River into the Los Angeles Aqueduct in 1913. - Construction of the aqueduct was finished in 1935. - First, diversion of water from the Ware River Diversion into the Quabbin Reservoir uses this aqueduct. - On discovering the tampered tools, they go into the aqueduct to rescue the Doctor and Ian. - The municipal building, the aqueduct tower, the lighthouse, the pier and all the boats, the fish market, the schools as well as the villages of Villalta, Sala, Cannucceto, Villamarina, Bagnarola practically razed to the ground. - A few medieval writings on the aqueduct lost sight completely of the original purpose of the construction. - The National Park Service and park supporters were concerned about the structural stability of the aqueduct and a major engineering evaluation was undertaken to determine stabilization needs and associated cost. - The remains of the aqueduct built over the Clinton River can be seen in Yates Park, and two wood dams can be seen in the river in Canal Park and Bloomer Park. - The aqueduct was covered in 1875, and it became known as Conduit Road. - Water flows into the northern end via the Cuaich Aqueduct. - Outram set out to overcome the problems with the Holmes Aqueduct by making the walls thicker where they joined the baseplates which were also thicker. - More surface water was diverted and groundwater was pumped to feed the aqueduct.
Show More keyboard_arrow_down
Recommended Videos
loading text loading

loading text loading

loading text loading

loading text loading

loading text loading

loading text loading

loading text loading

loading text loading

loading text loading

loading text loading

loading text loading

loading text loading

loading text loading

loading text loading

loading text loading

loading text loading