Reading comprehension is also an important part when you take an English test. Reading comprehension test can help you to improve vocabulary, grammar, and logical thought ability. There are some tips for you to improve reading skills:
- Practice reading every day. You should read different fields to improve your vocabulary.
- Take note all new words and learn them.
- Try to answer all the questions.
- After answer all the questions. Check the key and read the passage again to find out the mistake you have faced and deeply understand the passage you have read.
- Practice reading techniques - scanning, skimming, intensive and extensive reading.
+ Scanning: You try to find a particular piece of information. You read from top to down of the text quickly to find the specific information you need to answer questions.
+ Skimming: You try to gather the most important information as quickly as possible. You read from top to down of the text quickly and note important information.
+ Intensive reading: You try to find the details of a specific information. Example question: What does "intensive" in line 5 mean?
+ Extensive reading: You try to find general information of a passage. Example question: What is the best title for this passage?